Do you have a habit of losing your devices? Well, we have a solution: Apple AirTags! This small device is easily placed or attached to any object and allows you to use your phone for precision tracking. So, here is a guide to set up the very convenient Apple AirTags.
If you haven’t already, remove the packaging for the product then pull out the tab to activate the battery. Your AirTag should play a sound to indicate it is ready for setup.
Make sure your device is ready for setup. You can do this by making sure your device’s Bluetooth and wifi or cellular data are on. In addition, make sure your location is also on by going to Settings > Privacy > Location.
Hold your Airtag near your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad and a pop-up should show up on the screen. Press connect and select a name from the list or create a custom name. If you have more than one Airtag repeat the process again for each additional tag making sure only one Airtag is near the device at a time.
Why won’t my Airtag connect?
- Make sure your device is ready for setup. Go back to Step 2 to see how.
- If you have more than one Airtag make sure to bring only one close to the device when trying to connect.
- Remove and replace the battery in the Airtag.
How do I change the name of my Airtag?
- Using the Find My app, click the items tab and tap the airtag you wish to change.
- Scroll down to the rename option and click it.
- Use either the list of names or create a custom name with an emoji.
Like always please let us know in the comments if you have any questions about the Airtags! Hope this helped!